One lady tries an alternative. . .

FROM HELEN LEDERER , British comedienne and actress
I have 20 year's worth of failed diets under my bulging belt.This one,though,sounded intriguingly different . I would be hypnotized into thinking i was wearing a gastric band. Genius ! Why risk the scalpel when your mind can do it all it for you ?
And so i handed my mind over to Marion and Martin Shirran ,who have pioneered this method  at their clinic in Spain.The treatment would take four days- but could a virtual rubber tourniquet really replace  years of unhappy (and happy) indulging? Marion and Martin's approach is about getting "into your mind,"using neuro-linguistic programing and cognitive behavioural therapy to find out and treat what makes you eat inappropriately . The first session was about what i want and need: two very different things.In the second we looked at all the food-related thoughts we have in the course of a day. Most are positive and logical; others ,quite negative.How we react affects our behaviour. I felt very at home here,because i can be very negative-as in "Omigod! i have eaten three Kit Kat , so what's the point of anything , I'm disgusting " But after hypnosis with Marion , I felt it would be possible to press a " pause"  button before i began a Kit Kat spiral -and even change the outcome.
Before long,I was ready for my "op". After watching footage a real  gastric band being fitted , I went "under" to instil the feeling of going through the stomach-reducing process.It reminded me of having a Caesarean under anesthetic ,but with no post-operative bandages to worry about .

COULD A 
VIRTUAL TOURNIQUET
REPLACE YEARS OF
INDULGING?

The question is,have i -a lifetime cake,cheese and wine consumer -been programmed  to exert control ? Well, i have lost four kilos so far .But i am not complacent .This is just the beginning of my mind-altering journey ,and i have a "reinforcing CD"to listen to when i feel flaky .Did you know one glass of wine equals to four fish fingers ?  Just a mind-altering thought to conjure with while you lose weight . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hey kids, Light up!!!!!!!!!

PREVENTING PREGNANCY.

QUIT SMOKING FOR YOUR HEALTH